Traffic and Parking Feb 2018
The College is introducing important traffic management changes from Monday 5 February 2018 to alleviate congestion, especially during peak drop off and pick up times.
A key focus of the changes is to clearly identify the areas for staff, visitor and student car parking and provide designated set down and pick up areas. Traffic marshals will be in operation to monitor and coordinate traffic and you are asked to please follow their instructions. A reminder not to get out of your vehicle in any of the set down / pick up zones.
A map indicating the key changes is provided below. If someone other than you or your partner drops off or picks up your children, please ensure you inform them of the changes.
The key changes are:
- Map reference B7 - The car park next to the Chapel will become a Visitor Only car park for Junior School parents at pick up and drop off time. (A reminder that ELC parents and caregivers have to sign students in and out each day and they must be given priority for this reason).
- Map reference B7 - The car park opposite the Chapel car park will become a Staff Only car park.
- Map reference C2 & C3 - A new Student Only car park has been constructed where the Secondary School bike racks were previously located. Cyclists have now been provided with new bike racks behind Rooms 33–34 (Map reference C3).
- Map reference B3 - The former student car park will become a Staff Only car park.
- Map reference A4 - The temporary dirt car park next to the Mackinnon Senior Building will be closed to allow construction of the new Learning Commons Building to proceed.
- Map reference A6 - The car park at the rear of the Performing Arts Centre is for Staff Only parking with two visitor car parks provided for Uniform Shop customers. NB: this is not a pick up or drop off location.
- Map reference E5, E6 & E7 - To avoid congestion inside the campus at peak times, Secondary School parents and caregivers are urged to use the pick-up and set-down zone on College Street. Junior School staff are on hand to walk Kindergarten to Year 4 students down to College St and parents and caregivers with children in these years and / or Years 5 and 6 on the other side of the JA Mackinnon Oval are also encouraged to use this pick-up and set-down zone.
- Map reference B6 - The Turning Circle is only to be used for pick-up and set-down. Our traffic wardens will ask anyone parking in the Turning Circle to move.
- Map reference C7 & D7 - The Junior School pick-up and set-down zone is only to be used for pick-up and set-down. Our traffic wardens will ask anyone parking in this zone to move.
- Map reference B3 & C3 - The Secondary School pick-up and set-down zone is only to be used for pick-up and set-down. Our traffic wardens will ask anyone parking in this zone to move.
Please note there is no right hand turn on to College street from 8.10 am to 8.35 am and from 3.15 pm to 3.40 pm.