APFACTS seeking Executive Officer
Executive Officer - Association of Parents & Friends of ACT Schools (APFACTS)
- Ideal for a parent of school-aged children (part-time hours)
- During school terms only – school holidays off!
- Varied role with the ability to work from home
This person will be responsible for the operational management and social media presence of APFACTS. This person is expected to provide advice and secretarial support to the Executive on all issues pertaining to achieving the aims and objectives of APFACTS. APFACTS’ primary purpose is connecting, informing and representing non-government school parents in the ACT.
More details available via Seek
Highly desirable attributes
- proven skills in social media
- an ability to create attention grabbing communication pieces
- well-developed administration skills
- previous financial management experience
- ability to work autonomously
- strong communication skills, written and verbal
- demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships
- previous experience coordinating volunteer committees.
The Association of Parents & Friends of ACT Schools (APFACTS) is the peak non-government school parent voice for the ACT, proudly built by parents for parents to have an active voice in education issues. Established in 1982, APFACTS is a peak body representing parents and carers of students attending ACT non-government schools.
APFACTS advances the interests of its membership though engagement with government and key stakeholder groups, as well as keeping its membership informed on the latest and emerging education issues.
Please submit your cover letter and resumé to Linda Fleming firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 4pm, Friday 2 March.