By Orhan Memedovski, Technical Director - Basketball
Over the holidays, we had a great turn out for our basketball skills camp. The camp included different sessions such as: basketball boot camp, dribbling clinic, shooting star, elite one-on-one skills and ball above all. The students participated in drills by AIS basketball players and coaches which were shared on the big screen in the G.Wigg Sports Centre. Students gained motivation and improved their skills.
The South East Queensland high performance basketball team held their four-day training camp at Radford College during the school holidays. The camp was an opportunity for players to witness first-hand the road to playing semi-professional basketball in hopes of securing a professional contract here in Australia or overseas. The players had multiple training sessions each day, including gym sessions. It was wonderful to have three of our U19 Div 1 players - Matthew Overton-Clarke, Zachary Seymour and Rahul Arsakulasuriya - join the sessions.
Radford Basketball 2018 will see a wide range of opportunities for players and coaches. We are currently finalising plans for:
- a Friends of Radford Basketball committee
- a basketball tour for our student athletes
- professional development for our basketball coaches
- basketball camps from elite coaches.
- Registration is now open for the winter season on ROL
- Trials for the winter season will take place in Weeks 3 and 4. Please note that trials will replace regular allocated afternoon training sessions. Division 1 morning training will still occur
- I will be running a skills session/ shoot around on Friday mornings during Weeks 3 and 4. This session is open to all players in any division who are keen to attend from
7.00–8.00 am (23February and 3 March)
- All U19 players who wish to play basketball in the winter season are required to attend trials
- U10 students do not have trials in Weeks 3 and 4. Training continues for them on Mondays at 3.30–4.30 pm
See you on the courts.Back To