Foundation Day 2019 - Secondary School
What happens on Foundation Day in the Secondary School?
Foundation Day is a day for students and staff to celebrate the founding of Radford College. Students should make their way to school as usual.
After the Foundation Day Service, students will be involved in one of the activities held at the school and around Canberra. Students in Years 7 to 12 have already elected their sport or activity at House meetings.
This is one of the most enjoyable and successful days on the Radford Calendar.
An outline of the program follows:
Friday 12 April
8:35am Tutor group (roll marking)
8:50am Foundation Day Service (Gym)
10:00am Buses depart
10:30am Activities begin
2:15pm Buses collect students to return to Radford (paintball will depart venue at 1.55pm)
2:40pm Dance performances and presentation of the Bishop’s Cup (Gym)
What activity is your child in? How do they sign up for an event?
All students should have signed up for an activity at House meetings. Students should check with the Sports office to ensure their name appears on the correct list.
If a student was away on the day of House meetings, they can sign up for an activity by contacting the Sports office. The lovely staff can advise which activities have spaces still available.
What do students wear?
Full SPORTING HOUSE uniform. Students will arrive at school on Foundation Day in FULL House Uniform. All students are requested to have the correct House Shirt. The College tracksuit and school jumper can be worn, and a raincoat if the day looks windy or damp. Students should wear a hat and sunscreen for all outdoor activities.
Should students bring their own lunch and drinks?
Yes. The school canteen will be closed to Senior School. This means no lunch orders and no counter sales. Many students will be at venues where there is no operating canteen and therefore it is essential that they take your own food.
Uber eats and dial-a-pizza etc. will not be allowed.
What activities are included?
Activities held at the College:
• European Handball
• Computer Games
• Bubblesportz (Year 10-12 only)
Activities held off-campus (travel by Bus):
• Tennis (Canberra Tennis Centre, Lyneham)
• Netball (Lhotsky St, Charnwood)
• Beach Sports - swimmers & towel required (Canberra Olympic Pool)
• Lawn Bowls (Belconnen Bowling Club, Hawker)
• Rock Climbing (Canberra Indoor Rock Climbing Centre, Mitchell)
• Basketball (Belconnen Basketball Stadium)
• Touch Football (University of Canberra)
• Ultimate Frisbee (University of Canberra)
• Pitch & Putt Golf (Canberra International Golf Centre, Narrabundah)
• Paintball (Delta Force Paintball, Greenway) - Year 11 & 12 only - please note any student who participates in Paintball will be charged $40 to their student account. There is no cost for any of the other activities.