Get ready for the next Ride2School Day
By Ride2School Day organiser Jane Lilley
Our next Ride2School Day is on Friday 8 September when we will once again welcome all Years 3-12 students to join other Radford students and staff to ride their bikes to school. Should your child be interested and able to ride a bike to school on this day, they are more than welcome to take part. Our RAS team will be cooking pancakes at the Gibbons Pavilion for riders who have worked up an appetite. We have arranged for teachers to meet capable bike riders at a variety of meeting points. Please read the conditions and expectations below and go through them with your children before Friday 8 September.
- A fitted helmet and well-maintained bike with properly-inflated tyres are essential
- Please arrive at departure point 10 mins before departure
- It is the responsibility of the parent to ensure that their child arrives at the meeting place punctually. Should the group depart before you arrive, it is the parent’s responsibility to ensure their child arrives safely at school
- All students will be expected to stay with the group and follow the road rules and instructions provided by Radford staff
- Due to various co-curricular commitments, the return ride will not be accompanied by staff and it is the responsibility of each family to arrange their child’s return ride home
- If your child is in PK-Yr 2 they are welcome to ride accompanied by a parent/adult carer. The same applies for less confident Year 3-6 riders
- Asthmatics must carry their own puffer with them in their bag.
- In the case of wet weather, drizzle, rain or lightning the ride will be cancelled and a notification will be added to the Announcements page of Radford Online
Fluorescent reflective ankle straps and/or vests can make your child more visible to road traffic and they may choose to wear these as additional safety measures.
Below are the departure locations and times:
- ARANDA: Meet at the underpass on Bandjalong Street for a 7.50am departure
- HAWKER: Meet Carpark at KFC for a 7.30am departure
- COOK: Meet on the bicycle path on Redfern Street (nearest intersection is Allman Street) for a 7.40am departure
- KALEEN: Meet at the cycle path on the corner of Alberga Street and Cataract Street for a 7.50am departure
- GIRALANG: Meet on the bicycle path on Chuculba Crescent (parallel to Baldwin Drive) for a 7.40am departure
- O'CONNOR: Meet on the cycle path on Dryandra Street at the bottom of O'Connor Ridge (near the driveway of old Canberra Motor Inn) for a 7.45am departure
- BRUCE: Meet on the footpath out the front of Cafe Momo for an 8am departure.
Any further queries about this day should be forwarded to Jane LilleyTo Home