MoneySmart Program for Y11 students
From Lindy Braithwaite, Dean of Senior Studies
Radford has partnered with ASIC’s MoneySmart educators to prepare students for independent money management.
Workshops on money tips and tools for every Year 11 student on Monday 12 August:
Preparing our students for their financial wellbeing
- 1. See ya later, I’m outta here: Living independently
- Loans, rent, bills, debt, moving costs, sharing with flatmates, budgeting, tracking your spending, saving.
- 2. Uni days: Tertiary finances and Gap year
- Associated costs – Uni & TAFE, course fees, HELP loan, living on residence, parking, budgeting. Travel, schoolies, saving.
- 3. Is that a Real Job? Tips and tools
- Where does it go? Understanding payslips, tax, super, your rights, budgeting, saving.
- 4. Fake news: Value for money & avoiding scams
- Cars, Love, Money
- Major purchases, maintenance, insurance, online scams, warranties, saving, car apps.
Parents and guardians may wish to discuss with their Year 11 student which workshop is most relevant.To Home