National Ride2School Day - 22 March
Contact: Jane Lilley
National Ride 2 School Day is on Friday 22 March and we welcome all Year 3-12 students to join other Radford students and staff to ride their bikes to school.
We have arranged for teachers to meet capable bike riders at a variety of meeting points listed at the foot of this article. Our RAS team will be cooking pancakes at the Pavilion for riders who have worked up an appetite getting to school.
Please read the conditions and expectations below, and go through them with your child/children before Friday 22 March:
· A fitted helmet, and well-maintained bike with pumped tyres are essential
· Please arrive at departure point 10 mins before departure time
· It is the responsibility of the parent to ensure that their child arrives to the meeting place punctually. Should the group depart before you arrive, it is the parent’s responsibility to ensure their child arrives safely to school
· All students will be expected to stay with the group and follow the road rules and instructions provided by Radford staff
· Due to various co-curricular commitments, the return ride will not be accompanied by staff. This will be the responsibility of each family to arrange the return ride with their child
· In the case of wet weather, drizzle, rain or lightning the ride will be cancelled and a notification will be added to the Announcements page of Radford Online.
· If your child is in PK-Yr 2, or is a less-confident Year 3-6 rider, they are welcome to ride if they are accompanied by a parent/adult carer.
· Asthmatics must carry their own puffer with them in their bag
Fluorescent reflective ankle straps and/or vests can make your child more visible to road traffic and you may choose to use these should you wish to provide additional safety measures.
Please note departure locations and times below, and arrive at departure point 10 mins before departure time:
- ARANDA: Meet at the underpass on Bandjalong Street for a 7.50am departure
- HAWKER: Meet Carpark at KFC for 7.30am departure
- FLOREY: Meet at the Bicycle Path at the end of Edman Close for a 7.40am departure
- GIRALANG: Meet on the bicycle path on Chuculba Crescent (parallel to Baldwin Drive) for a 7.40am departure
- O'CONNOR: Meet on the cycle path on Dryandra Street at the bottom of O'Connor Ridge (near the driveway of old Canberra Motor Inn) for a 7.45am departure
Any further queries about this day should be forwarded to Jane Lilley