SchoolTV: Drugs and alcohol edition
How much do you know about drug and alcohol abuse?
There is no single age group of people more affected by alcohol and drugs than our young people.
For some, a one time or infrequent use of alcohol or drugs can result in tragedy: alcohol poisoning, an accident or fall when under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or an arrest associated with alcohol or drugs.
Young people who use alcohol and drugs before their brain has fully developed, are at increased risk for future addiction. Those who start drinking alcohol before the age 15 are five times more likely to develop alcohol abuse or dependence than those who first use alcohol at age 18 or older.
This edition answers a wealth of questions, including:
- When should I give my teenager their first drink?
- Are young people drinking more or less now?
- What effect does alcohol advertising have on young people?
- Does cannabis use lead to the use of other drugs?
- Should parents drug test their children?
- How should parents talk to their children about Ice?
- What should parents say if they discover their children are using drugs?
- And many more
Click on the icon below to view the newsletter.