Term 4 Ride2School Day, 2017
Our last Ride2School for 2017 will take place on Friday 10 November. We once again invite all Year 3–12 students to join other Radford students and staff to ride their bikes to school. We welcome all interested and capable bike-riding children to take part. Our RAS team with will be cooking pancakes at the Pavilion for riders who have worked up an appetite. We have arranged for teachers to meet bike riders at a variety of meeting points. Please go through the following conditions and expectations with your child:
- A fitted helmet and well maintained bike with pumped tyres are essential.
- Please arrive at departure point 10 minutes before departure.
- It is the responsibility of the parent to ensure that their child arrives to the meeting place punctually. Should the group depart before you arrive, it is the parent's responsibility to ensure their child arrives safely to school.
- All students will be expected to stay with the group and follow the road rules and instructions provided by Radford staff.
- Due to various co-curricular commitments, the return ride will not be accompanied by staff. This will be the responsibility of each family to arrange with their child.
- In the case of wet weather, drizzle, rain or lightning, the ride will be cancelled and a notification will be added to the Announcements page of Radford Online.
- Children in PK–Yr 2 may participate in the ride if they are accompanied by a parent/adult carer. The same applies for less confident riders in years 3–6.
- Asthmatics must carry their own puffer with them in their bag.
Meeting places, departure times and staff for Friday are as follows:
ARANDA: Meet at the underpass on Bandjalong Cres for a 7.50 am departure
HAWKER: Meet at KFC car park for a 7.30 am departure
COOK: Meet on the Redfern St cycle path (nearest intersection is Allman St) for a 7.40 am departure
KALEEN: Meet at the cycle path on the corner of Alberga and Cataract streets for a 7.50 am departure
GIRALANG: Meet on the cycle path on Chuculba Cres (parallel to Baldwin Dr) for a 7.40 am departure
O'CONNOR: Meet at Dryandra St cycle path, at the bottom of O'Connor Ridge, near driveway of old Canberra Motor Inn, for a 7.45 am departure
BRUCE: Meet on the footpath out the front of Café Momo for an 8 am departure
For any further queries, please contact Jane Lilley.To Home