No events have been added to this tag just yet.
14 June 2016
ACT 12 years and under Athletics Championships, High Jump Entry
A message from Andrew Sullivan, Radford Junior School PE teacher
The High Jump event will not be run at the 2016 District level carnivals.
Schools may nominate a maximum of two students to compete in each age group for this event at the ACT Championships.
The following Qualifying Heights have been determined:
- 8?10 year old age: Girls @ 1.05 metres
- 8?10 year old age: Boys @ 1.10 metres
- 11 year old age: Girls @ 1.10 metres
- 11 year old age: Boys @ 1:15 metres
- 12 year old age: Girls @ 1.15 metres
- 12 year old age: Boys @ 1.20 metres
Please note that parents must obtain a certification from a recognised High Jump Coach or from an athletics official (for example a Little Athletics Centre representative) that the child is capable of clearing the Qualifying Height as listed above.
Please submit your entry information to Andrew Sullivan by the end of Week 9, Term 2.
Sports/PE teachers associated with the Radford College Junior School carnivals will then nominate the entries for the ACT Championship finals.
21 November 2016
Congratulations Bonnie Sutton
Congratulations to Bonnie Sutton (Year 8) who has been selected in the ACT All Schools Track and Field team to compete at the 2016 Australian All Schools Athletic Championships in Canberra from 2?5 December 2016.??
Bonnie will be competing as a Para Athlete and competing in the Shot Put, Discus, Long Jump, 100m and 200m.
4 March 2016
Good luck, Burns family athletes
Good luck to the following students, who are taking part in the Australian Junior Athletic Championships in??Perth, WA, this week:
- Callum Burns (Year 10): U17 Men 5,000m Race Walk
- Spencer Burns (Year 8): U15 Men 3,000m Race Walk
- Laura Burns (Year 6): U14 Women 3,000m Race Walk