No events have been added to this tag just yet.
30 August 2016
Asthma Australia Week
This year’s Asthma Week focus is on becoming a better breather by following the five Bs.
- Become informed
- Blow away hayfever
- Brush up on technique
- Befriend your health professional
- Breathe better Call the 1800 ASTHMA Helpline (1800 278 462) for more information
Find more information at http://www.asthmaaustralia.org.au/nsw/about-asthma/resources/asthma-week
27 May 2016
End of May is 'Hats OFF Day''
Broad brimmed hats and sunscreen can be swapped for beanies and scarves in the months of June and July without worrying about risk of skin cancer.
Sun protection measures are important when UV levels are 3 or above.
In Canberra in June and July, the average daily UV levels in Canberra are below 3. UV levels below 3 are accepted as not causing skin or eye damage.
ACT Cancer Council advise ACT primary schools and early childhood services that they do not need to implement their usual sun protection policies at this time of the year.
Safely enjoy the winter sun!
4 April 2016
Free workshop for parents and carers of children with autism
Positive Partnerships is running a free one-day workshop on Wednesday 4 May 2016, suitable for parents, full-time carers and grandparents of young people on the autism spectrum.
The workshop intends to:
- Increase understanding of the impact of autism on learning
- Introduce a planning tool that can be used to share an understanding of your child
- Explore ways to work in partnership with your school
- Share information about how to access support both inside and outside of school
- Provide an opportunity to network and share strategies with other parents/carers
The workshop will be held at Town Centre Vikings in Greenway.