Round Square - Zoom Around the World
By Kath Notley, Round Square Coordinator
Last Wednesday, the Round Square Junior School students hosted the inaugural ‘Zoom Postcard’ for students at Round Square schools around the world in the 11 – 13 year age group. Our students brought together more than 100 participating students and teachers from 15 Round Square schools:
- Beijing Concord College of Sino-Canada, China
- Bishop Druitt College, Australia
- Chittagong Grammar School, Bangladesh
- Dhirubhai Ambani International School, India
- Green Hills Academy, Kigali, Rwanda
- Gut Warnberg Schule, Germany
- Indian School al Ghubra, Oman
- Lawrence School Sanawar, India
- Park City Day School, USA
- Scotch Oakburn College, Tasmania, Australia
- St Andrew's School for Girls, South Africa
- Sunbeam School Lahartara, India
- Vidya Devi Jindal School, India
- Yadavindra Public School, India
- Calgary French International School, Canada
The Radford hosts ran eight individual breakout rooms during the call, and encouraged the participants to speak about their own cultures, adventures and experiences during COVID-19. There was so much excitement and enthusiasm shown by all participants, and they were certainly eager to communicate with each other. We had students dialling in from a varied range of time zones including 9:45pm on Tuesday in Salt Lake City, 6:45am on Wednesday in Kigali and Johannesburg and 12:45pm in Beijing.
The quality of their conversations was amazing to witness, and our students certainly learnt a lot about what 2020 has been like for students around the world.
I would like to extend my thanks to Tiia Wright and Damien Montesin for helping the students to run such a successful event.