Collegians Association Update
On the 30 October, the Collegians held their Annual General Meeting. We would like to thank the current (and continuing) committee members:
- President - Tristan Maddigan (Class of 1999)
- Vice President - Phil Trenbath (Class of 2004)
- Treasurer - Mark Whitby (Class of 2000)
- Public Officer/Secretary - Monique Glavonjic (Staff)
- Committee Members - Claire Osborne (Class of 1999), Andrew Kominek (Class of 2003)
We also welcome new committee members who joined us:
- Andrew Jones (Class of 1990)
- Sara Vassallo (Class of 2002)
- Katie Taylor (Class of 2004)
- Aleisha Payoe (Class of 2012)
- Chloe Marks (Class of 2018)
The Radford Collegians’ Association is about building a community that provides ongoing support to its members on a social, educational and career level. Originally founded in 1989, the association has grown by about 160 members per year. With over 6,500 former students, the Association seeks to connect Collegians’ to each other and their school. The association is committed to three core pillars of focus including social & community awareness, business & career opportunities and giving back. The Association organises reunions, mentoring programs, supports college functions and funds select community outreach programs.
Three core pillars of focus are:
Community and Social
Staying connected and proactive is a priority for the Radford Collegians. There are numerous community initiatives taking place throughout the year including foundation days, reunions, social events and frequent news and updates.
Business and Career
Becoming a Radford Collegian provides individuals with greater opportunity, choice and flexibility in the working world. This is available through member and networking events, tutoring and mentoring, referral programs and access to scholarships in a range of professions.
Becoming a Radford Collegian is a great way to give back to the school and community. Opportunities lie in sponsorship, fundraising grants, award programs and student mentoring.
Bring on 2021!!!To Home