New Y5-Y12 sports tuition programs
New Opportunities in Basketball, Cricket, Strength & Conditioning and Tennis
Radford is introducing a new pilot program for students from Years 5 – 12 who are keen on tuition in Cricket, Tennis, Basketball or Strength and Conditioning. This program will commence Week 2, Term 3 and will be trialled for the remainder of 2019, when we will review its ongoing sustainability.
Students can register for individual or shared coaching with our Technical Directors, once per week during school hours, on a user pays model of $60 per hour, or $30 each if shared by two.
Years 5 & 6 students will only be allowed to replace PE or Friday Sport to take up this opportunity, while students in Years 7 – 12 can use either free periods or times negotiated with subject teachers (students must not continually miss the same class).
The Radford Technical Directors (TD) have certain times available during school hours and can be contacted directly to find mutually agreeable timeslots. This arrangement is similar to what happens for Music, where students sign out of class to attend their individual tuition lesson with their teacher, then sign back in afterwards.
The non-negotiable requirements of the program are:
1. Students must ensure they remain on top of all their academic commitments and the behavioural expectations of Radford College. Any school work missed during sessions MUST be proactively caught up on. Radford Technical Directors will stay in close contact with subject teachers and tutors to ensure this is happening.
2. Students can sign up to 1 session per week.
3. Cost per student for participation in the program will be $60 per session or $30 each if shared. This will be invoiced to the student’s school account at the end of each term.
4. Students must communicate effectively and regularly with all teachers regarding missed classes and not continually miss the same class.
5. Some session times can also occur before and after school hours on certain days subject to the availability of the respective TD.
This program will commence Week 2, Term 3 and will be trialled for the remainder of 2019 when we will review its ongoing sustainability.
Please contact our Technical Directors directly on the email addresses if you are interested in taking up this opportunity:
Basketball, Orhan Memedovski – Orhan.Memedovski@radford.act.edu.au
Cricket, Darryle Macdonald – Darryle.Macdonald@radford.act.edu.au
Strength & Conditioning, Josh Strahorn – email@example.com
Tennis, Annabel Parolo – firstname.lastname@example.org