RadVision competition details
From the Radford P&F Association
NEWS UPDATE: 2 SEPTEMBER
The Radford College Parents & Friends are pleased to announce the following prizes for RadVision:
- RadVision Contest Winner $1000
- Category Winners - $500 each in Junior, Secondary and Community
- Two x Judges' Awards - $ 500
Our prizes are thanks to our valued sponsor - SuperSmile. We thank SuperSmile for their continued support and sponsorship with RadVision.
At the end of Term 2, we shared the news of RadVision, a “EuroVision” style singing contest for the Radford community, in lieu of the Radford Twilight Fete.
We are now pleased to share more details of how to enter and what the rules are.
Who can enter?
To be eligible, performers must be a student, parent/caregiver, staff member or Radford community member.
The categories are:
- Junior School (students)
- Senior School (students)
- Community (can include both adults and children)
Entries can be individuals or groups of no more than three people.
How do I enter, and what are the rules?
Details of where to enter the videos will be shared soon.
- Each performer or group should have a ‘stage name’ rather than using their own name.
- Performers must film and submit a video performance of no more than three minutes. Contestants must not film themselves performing in bedrooms/bathrooms or anywhere else considered private, for their own protection.
- Songs may be covers or originals. Backing music or live musical accompaniment is permitted, however, vocal performances must be distinguishable.
- Costumes and set dressing are not necessary for Round One, however costumes and performance/stage presence will be a judging consideration in the live Grand Final.
- Round One will see performers submit a video of themselves singing, and the Radford community will vote for their favourite performances. The performers with the most votes in three categories, Junior School, Secondary School, and Community (students, parents, staff) will become the GRAND FINALISTS!
- The RadVision GRAND FINAL will be held on Saturday 7 November 2020 in the TB Millar Hall. Finalists will perform on stage in front of judges to compete for the title of RadVision STAR, 2020.