Sports Report, 19 Aug 20
On Saturday 15 August, the Radford Netball teams competed in Round 5 of the North Canberra Netball Competition (NCNC). The day started with some wet weather cancellations, however, when the rain cleared, majority of teams were able to play.
“Shout outs” go to the Radford Magpies as they continue with their 4-match winning streak, and to the Radford Maroon team for an outstanding performance dominating their opposition.
- Radford Gold def Burgmann 24-19
- Radford Silver – wet weather cancellation
- Radford Maroon def GNC 46-4
- Radford White drew with GNC 14-14
- Radford Blue def Merici 15-0
- Radford Purple def by INNC 8-28
- Radford Yellow def SGRNC 13-10
- Radford Green def by Daramalan 12-19
- Radford Navy def by JPC 2-42
- Radford Red def by SGRNC 5-18
- Radford Orange def by INNC 1-9
- Radford Magpies def MTS 7-0
- Radford Dolphins def by MTS 4-17
- Radford Ravens – wet weather cancellation
Radford had 27 entries into the ACT Winter time trial on the weekend. Rowers of all ages and abilities compete in this handicapped 4 kilometre race, each vying to overtake the crew in front. Many Radford students braved the single scull time trial on Saturday, where Oli Fox (Year 9) surged to victory as winner of the male division. Several crew boats entered on Sunday, with the highlight being Collegian and Australian rowing representative Luke Letcher returning to Radford to lead our senior boys down to the course in a coxless quad. We look forward to stepping up participation again in third and final Winter time trial in September.
Radford Orienteers braved another cold and wet Saturday at Mount Ainslie. Congratulations to Toby Lang, Aoife Rothery and Anastasia Yeates on winning their events, and David Stocks, Katherine Maundrell and Justine Hobson on finishing runners-up in their events. It is pleasing to see so many Radford Collegians also participating each Saturday.
Congratulations to the U18 Boys Rugby team (1st XV). They continued their winning streak with a 41‑0 win over Canberra Grammar School on the weekend.