Transport Canberra: changes from 18 July
From Kylie Smith, School and Community Liaison Manager, Transport Canberra
From Saturday 18 July 2020, Transport Canberra will be updating timetables for bus services. A detailed Radford-specific school pack is attached.
- There will be no changes to services for school students in Term 2, 2020.
- As a new timetable is being introduced, there will be minor changes for all students travelling to and from school on public transport across Canberra from the first day of Term 3, 2020 (Monday 20 July 2020)
- In most cases, this will mean that students will catch the same service from the same stop, but the times that services arrive and leave may change.
- While our advice remains that students should avoid using public transport if they can, we know that many students rely on buses and light rail to get to school.
Faster school bus from Gungahlin
- From Term 3, 2020 school route 1056 will take a faster route to Radford College from Nicholls, Palmerston and Crace along William Slim Drive.
- This will save about 20 minutes each way for the majority of students using this service, who live in Gungahlin.
- However, this means that school route 1056 will no longer provide a service for students travelling to Radford College from Kaleen and Giralang.
- The majority of these students will instead be able to use route 23 or route 30 services to travel to school, both of which stop on College St, outside Radford College.
All schools, parents and students can find out more about the specific changes by:
- checking the information packs for each school, (also available online at www.transport.act.gov.au)
- checking timetables for each route (including school specials), which are online at www.transport.act.gov.au
- calling 13 17 10.