Saturday 4 November, 3pm-7pm
All routine enquiries should be directed to: P&F@radford.act.edu.au This email address is accessed by the P&F Administrator, Angie Walters, the P&F Secretary, Ana Thomson, and the P&F President, Sarah Jennett. Please note, however, that the email address is not monitored full-time so you should not expect an immediate response.
The Annual General Meeting was held on 16 March 2017, in accordance with the Constitution of the P&F Association. The elected members of the Management Committee for 2017 are:
President - Sarah Jennett
Vice-President - Kristen Foster
Treasurer - Wendy Elkhuizen
Assistant Treasurer - Bernadette Mihaljevic
Secretary - Ana Thomson
Publicity Officer - Dean O'Brien
Ordinary Member 1/6 - Claire Newton
Ordinary Member 2/6 - Andrew Herring
Ordinary Member 3/6 - Nicola Gibson
Ordinary Member 4/6 - Samuel Beever
Ordinary Member 5/6 - Sue Miller
Ordinary Member 6/6 - Itilasha Gupta
Ex-Officio Member - The Principal, Fiona Godfrey
Ex-Officio Member - P&F Nominee on the Board, Edward Hutchinson (continuing appointment from 2015)
Meeting Schedule 2017
The Management Committee meets regularly in the College Boardroom. Meeting dates are advised in the College Bulletin and calendar. Meetings commence at 7.00pm and all members are welcome to attend. Members of the College Senior Executive also attend the Management Committee meetings to ensure effective communication and co-operation between the College and the P&F.
Thursday 30 March
Thursday 27 July
Thursday 27 April
Thursday 31 August
Thursday 15 June
Thursday 19 October
Thursday 16 November
Important P&F events for 2017:
- Art Show - 26 - 28 May - visit Art Show page
- P&F Trivia Night - Friday, 15 September 2017
- Twilight Fete Saturday 4 November 2017 - visit Fete page
The Constitution was amended at the Special General Meeting on 25 February 2016.
The Parents and Friends Association (P&F) exists to promote the interests, policies and purposes of Radford College by:
- serving as the formal channel of communications and consultation between the College and the parents and guardians of students and those registered to attend the College
- fostering cooperation among teaching staff, parents, guardians and students, the College Board and the Collegians, and others with compatible interests
- assisting in the provision of books, teaching aids, and other facilities for education, recreation, sport and welfare at the College
- promoting liaison, consultation and cooperation with bodies with similar objectives so as to advance the knowledge, understanding and improvement of education within and outside the College
- fostering an interest in, knowledge and understanding of, and participation in the development of educational philosophy, principles and practice by parents
- doing such other things necessary or desirable for the promotion of the interests and purpose of the College.
In practical terms the P&F meets these responsibilities by providing a forum for parental engagement in the College; by building, nurturing and cultivating the Radford College community, particularly through its organisation of the annual Art Show @ Radford (in Semester I) and the Radford Fete (in Semester II); its support of various co-curriculum activities through the Friends of Radford Groups; and by raising funds to help improve the facilities and amenities of the College. Funds raised are donated to projects that benefit students from Pre Kindergarten to Year 12.
The P&F is a voluntary Association.
All parents and guardians of students attending the College, or registered to attend the College, and who have paid the annual membership fee, are Ordinary members of the P&F. Friends resident in the Diocese of Canberra and Goulburn with a bona fide interest in the objectives of the Association and who have paid the annual membership fee, may also be members of the P&F.
The membership fee is currently $35 per family and is paid on a calendar year.
The day-to-day operations of the P&F are managed by a Management Committee. The Committee is supported by a part-time P&F Administrator, Ms Angie Walters. Her primary responsibilities are administrative support to the Management Committee and, importantly, she leads the Organising Committees for the Art Show and the Radford Fete.
The Entertainment Book offers discounts for dining, accommodation, tourist attractions, and other entertainments. Books are available in Term 2 as a P&F fundraising initiative. The P&F receives $12 for each book sold.
Friends of Radford Groups
There are five active Friends of Radford Groups related to sport:
- Friends of Radford Cricket
- Friends of Radford Rowing (separately incorporated)
- Friends of Radford Football (Soccer)
- Friends of Radford Rugby
- Friends of Radford Snowsports
These groups provide the forum for parents and friends to be involved with the organisation and management of these sports and the means to help raise funds. As an example, the Friends of Radford Rowing raises funds for the purchase of new boats while the Friends of Radford Football runs a canteen and barbecue at all home games.
FoR Music supports the extensive co-curricular music program, helping with logistics of events and catering for special concerts, as well as fundraising. For more information about each of these various Friends of Groups, please contact the relevant Convenors through the Head of Cocurricular, Mr Dylan Mordike.
Each FoR group has its own organisational arrangements with an elected Convenor and management committee. The finances of each group are accounted for within the P&F's financial accounts as separate, discrete elements, with the exception of FoR Rowing, which is a separately incorporated entity.