The 2020 P&F Committee: Jim Lilley, President; Kate Maguire, committee member; Jian Wang,Secretary; Rachael Harkin, committee member; Sam Smith, committee member; Ana Thomson, committee member; Jason Marriott,Treasurer; Emma Holliday, committee member; (absent: Bernadette Mihaljevic, Assistant Treasurer; Monique Glavonjic, Publicity Officer; and Nicola Gibson, committee member)
RadVision is a Radford Community song contest for students and families of Radford hosted by the P&F.
There are $3500 in cash prizes to be won.
Video entries are due by 23 October 2020 using the online submission form.
For full entry and competition details please follow this link.
Second-hand Uniform Shop (P&F operated)
THE SHOP IS NOT OPEN FOR “WALK IN/UNSCHEDULED” VISITS (by appointment only).
Radford Ball - CANCELLED
Art Show - On Line
Trivia Night - CANCELLED
Fete - CANCELLED
RadVision - See below under "Important P&F Events 2020"
Click HERE to read the latest "It's Your P&F" and stay up to date with what the P&F are doing.
All routine enquiries should be directed to: P&F@radford.act.edu.au This email address is accessed by the P&F Administrator, Angie Walters; the P&F Secretary, Jian Wang; and the P&F President, Jim Lilley. Please note, however, that the email address is not monitored full-time so you should not expect an immediate response.
The Annual General Meeting was held in the RA Young Hall on Thursday 5 March 2020 and the following committee have been nominated for the 2020 year:
President – Jim Lilley
Vice-President – Vacant
Treasurer – Jason Marriott
Assistant Treasurer - Bernadette Mihaljevic
Secretary – Jian Wang
Publicity Officer – Monique Glavonjic
Ordinary Member 1/6 – Ana Thomson
Ordinary Member 2/6 – Kate Maguire
Ordinary Member 3/6 – Rachael Harkin
Ordinary Member 4/6 – Emma Holliday
Ordinary Member 5/6 – Nicola Gibson
Ordinary Member 6/6 - Sam Smith
Ex-Officio Member – the Principal, Fiona Godfrey
Ex-Officio Member - former P&F President, Sarah Jennett
Meeting schedule 2020
The Management Committee will meet regularly in the College Boardroom. Meeting dates are advised in the College Bulletin and calendar. Meetings commence at 6:15pm and all members are welcome to attend. Members of the College Senior Executive also attend the Management Committee meetings to ensure effective communication and cooperation between the College and the P&F.
- Thursday 19 March
- Thursday 9 April
- Thursday 11 June - 6:15pm via zoom
- Thursday 23 July - 6:30pm via zoom
- Thursday 27 August - 6pm via zoom
- Thursday 15 October - 6pm via zoom
- Thursday 12 November
- Welcome Barbecue and Movie Night – Friday 21 February, 6pm at the Pavilion , Toy Story 4 is the movie.
- AGM – Thursday 5 March
- Ball – Saturday 28 March (Cancelled)
- ArtShow - 21 - 24 May (Postponed)
- P&F Trivia Night - Friday 18 September (Cancelled)
- Twilight Fete - Saturday 7 November (Cancelled)
- RadVision - Saturday 7 November click HERE for more information
Video Submissions - Between 21 September and 23 October
Community Voting - Between 17 October and 25 October
Finalists for Grand Final Announced - 27 October
Grand Final - 7 November
The Constitution was amended at the Annual General Meeting on 7 March 2019.
The Parents and Friends Association (P&F) exists to promote the interests, policies and purposes of Radford College by:
– serving as the formal channel of communications and consultation between the College and the parents and guardians of students and those registered to attend the College
– fostering cooperation among teaching staff, parents, guardians and students, the College Board and the Collegians, and others with compatible interests
– assisting in the provision of books, teaching aids, and other facilities for education, recreation, sport and welfare at the College
– promoting liaison, consultation and cooperation with bodies with similar objectives so as to advance the knowledge, understanding and improvement of education within and outside the College
– fostering an interest in, knowledge and understanding of, and participation in the development of educational philosophy, principles and practice by parents
– doing such other things necessary or desirable for the promotion of the interests and purpose of the College.
In practical terms, the P&F meets these responsibilities by providing a forum for parental engagement in the College; by building, nurturing and cultivating the Radford College community, particularly through its organisation of the annual Art Show @ Radford (in Semester 1) and the Radford Fete (in Semester 2); its support of various co-curricular activities through the Friends of Radford Groups; and, by raising funds to help improve the facilities and amenities of the College. Funds raised are donated to projects that benefit students from Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12.
The P&F is a voluntary Association.
All parents and guardians of students attending the College, or registered to attend the College, and who have paid the annual membership fee, are Ordinary members of the P&F. Friends resident in the Diocese of Canberra and Goulburn with a bona fide interest in the objectives of the Association and who have paid the annual membership fee, may also be members of the P&F.
The membership fee is currently $35 per family and is paid on a calendar year.
The day-to-day operations of the P&F are managed by a Management Committee. The Committee is supported by a part-time P&F Administrator, Ms Angie Walters. Her primary responsibilities are administrative support to the Management Committee and, importantly, she leads the Organising Committees for the Art Show and the Radford Fete.
Friends of Radford groups
There are five Friends of Radford groups related to sport:
– Friends of Radford Cricket
– Friends of Radford Rowing (separately incorporated)
– Friends of Radford Football (Soccer)
– Friends of Radford Rugby
– Friends of Radford Snowsports
These groups provide a forum for parents and friends to be involved with the organisation and management of these sports and the means to help raise funds. As an example, the Friends of Radford Rowing raises funds for the purchase of new boats while the Friends of Radford Football runs a canteen and barbecue at all home games.
FoR Music supports the extensive co-curricular music program, helping with logistics of events and catering for special concerts, as well as fundraising. For more information about each of these various groups, please contact the relevant Convenors through the Head of Co-curricular, Mr Dylan Mordike.