The 2021 P&F Committee: Jim Lilley, President; Edward Eyers, Vice President; Lisa McPherson, Secretary; Irene Shaw, Treasurer; Jane Muirhead, Assistant Treasurer; Rachael Harkin & Amy O'Leary, Publicity Officers; Committee Members - Sam Smith, Jian Wang, Nicola Gibson, Kate Huang, Jason Marriott, Ana Thomson & Darren Menachemson; P&F Administrator Sharon Siciliano
THE SHOP IS NOT OPEN FOR “WALK IN/UNSCHEDULED” VISITS (by appointment only).
Click HERE to read the latest "It's Your P&F" and stay up to date with what the P&F are doing.
All routine enquiries should be directed to: P&F@radford.act.edu.au This email address is accessed by the P&F Administrator, Sharon Siciliano; the P&F Secretary, Lisa McPherson; and the P&F President, Jim Lilley. Please note, however, that the email address is not monitored full-time so you should not expect an immediate response.
Thank you to everyone who attended the Parents & Friends Annual General Meeting held in the RA Young Hall on Tuesday 2 March 2021, the following members have been nominated for the 2021 year:
- President: Jim Lilley
- Vice President: Edward Eyers
- Treasurer: Irene Shaw
- Secretary: Lisa McPherson
- Assistant Treasurer: Jane Muirhead
- Publicity Officers: Rachael Harkin and Amy O'Leary
- Ordinary Member 1/7: Samuel Smith
- Ordinary Member 2/7: Jian Wang
- Ordinary Member 3/7: Nicola Gibson
- Ordinary Member 4/7: Kate Huang
- Ordinary Member 5/7: Jason Marriot
- Ordinary Member 6/7: Ana Thomson
- Ordinary member 7/7: Darren Menachemson
- Ex-Officio Member – the Principal, Fiona Godfrey
Meeting schedule 2021
The Management Committee will meet regularly in the Morison Centre, Meeting Room 1. Meeting dates are advised in the College Bulletin and calendar. Meetings commence at 6:15pm and all members are welcome to attend. Members of the College Senior Executive also attend the Management Committee meetings to ensure effective communication and cooperation between the College and the P&F.
- Thursday 18 March
- Thursday 22 April
- Thursday 10 June
- Thursday 22 July
- Thursday 26 August
- Thursday 14 October
- Thursday 11 November
Important P&F events for 2021
- Welcome Barbecue, “Meet the P&F committee” Q&A and Movie Night – Friday 26 February, 6pm at the Pavilion, Movie "Playing with Fire"
- AGM – Tuesday 2 March (Nomination forms available HERE)
- ArtShow - 21 - 23 May Click here
- Ball – Saturday 4 September 2021The Radford College P&F Association are thrilled to announce the Radford College Gala Ball will be held in Term 3, 2021. Save the date! Saturday September 4, at Hotel Realm. The Gala Ball is a fantastic way for new Radford parents, and families to meet more of the Radford Community. We will have more information over the coming months on how you can secure your individual tickets or book a table!
- P&F Trivia Night - Friday 17 September
- Twilight Fete - Saturday 6 November
Thank you to our Twilight Fete Sponsors; Our Major Sponsor SuperSmile Orthodontics
The Constitution was amended at the Annual General Meeting on 7 March 2019.
The Parents and Friends Association (P&F) exists to promote the interests, policies and purposes of Radford College by:
– serving as the formal channel of communications and consultation between the College and the parents and guardians of students and those registered to attend the College
– fostering cooperation among teaching staff, parents, guardians and students, the College Board and the Collegians, and others with compatible interests
– assisting in the provision of books, teaching aids, and other facilities for education, recreation, sport and welfare at the College
– promoting liaison, consultation and cooperation with bodies with similar objectives so as to advance the knowledge, understanding and improvement of education within and outside the College
– fostering an interest in, knowledge and understanding of, and participation in the development of educational philosophy, principles and practice by parents
– doing such other things necessary or desirable for the promotion of the interests and purpose of the College.
In practical terms, the P&F meets these responsibilities by providing a forum for parental engagement in the College; by building, nurturing and cultivating the Radford College community, particularly through its organisation of the annual Art Show @ Radford (in Semester 1) and the Radford Fete (in Semester 2); its support of various co-curricular activities through the Friends of Radford Groups; and, by raising funds to help improve the facilities and amenities of the College. Funds raised are donated to projects that benefit students from Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12.
The P&F is a voluntary Association.
All parents and guardians of students attending the College, or registered to attend the College, and who have paid the annual membership fee, are Ordinary members of the P&F. Friends resident in the Diocese of Canberra and Goulburn with a bona fide interest in the objectives of the Association and who have paid the annual membership fee, may also be members of the P&F.
The membership fee is currently $35 per family and is paid on a calendar year.
The day-to-day operations of the P&F are managed by a Management Committee. The Committee is supported by a part-time P&F Administrator, Ms Sharon Siciliano. Her primary responsibilities are administrative support to the Management Committee and, importantly, she leads the Organising Committees for the Art Show and the Radford Fete.
Friends of Radford groups
There are five Friends of Radford groups related to sport:
– Friends of Radford Cricket
– Friends of Radford Rowing (separately incorporated)
– Friends of Radford Football (Soccer)
– Friends of Radford Rugby
– Friends of Radford Snowsports
These groups provide a forum for parents and friends to be involved with the organisation and management of these sports and the means to help raise funds. As an example, the Friends of Radford Rowing raises funds for the purchase of new boats while the Friends of Radford Football runs a canteen and barbecue at all home games.
FoR Music supports the extensive co-curricular music program, helping with logistics of events and catering for special concerts, as well as fundraising. For more information about each of these various groups, please contact the relevant Convenors through the Head of Co-curricular, Mr Dylan Mordike.